Hiring an Amusement Device Checklist
Whether you hire with us or not, Bubbling With Energy (BWE) want to make your amusement device hires as safe as possible. Here is a Checklist. It will help you decide if you are using an appropriate and reputable company for your event. Furthermore, this is a generic list only, prepared from our extensive experience.
Also, for more information you can access further details via this amusement devices link to SafeWork. They are the government agency responsible for safety in NSW.
Our Amusement Device Checklist is applicable to hiring of inflatable jumping castles or inflatable obstacle courses. It is for where you will supervise the device yourself (allowed for smaller devices), or use a trained supervisor.
Amusement Device Checklist
Please ensure that:
- is a reputable amusement hire firm being used? Check that they have an ABN, public liability insurance, and you received notice of your booking, and an invoice;
- is the company an AM-SAFE Credentialed Operator. For instance BWE has been accredited under the AM-SAFE Safety Support Program. It means we are The Industry peak body, Australian Amusement Leisure and Recreation Association Inc.(AALARA), as a compliant provider of amusement, leisure and recreation services, in accordance with the Best Practice standards, established as being most appropriate to ensure that businesses provide at all times, the best possible management, operation and duty of care to their clients, guests and staff.
- has the amusement device provider supplied instructions on proper operation of the device. For example, if you are not using a BWE supervisor in your jumping castle hire, on booking we give you access to a safety video. The video details how to monitor/supervise the inflatable, and how to ensure your users are safe. BWE ground crew will still deliver and install the inflatable;
- does the device fit the allocated area? Do, check that it is free of overhead power lines, overhanging trees, debris etc;
- is the device clean and in good working order?
- have all electrical leads, generators etc been appropriately inspected and tagged?
- did you inspect the device prior to allowing patrons to use it? For example, this is to ensure it has no tears, trip obstacles, and it has appropriate safety signage;
- has the device been properly secured? Also, have you been given instructions about what to do if the wind picks up. For example, BWE will provide you with a wind meter. Use this to personally monitor wind conditions on the day. For any hire, deflate the device if the wind reaches 30km/hour. Or use a Beaufort Scale – click this Beaufort Scale link.
Also ensure that:
- has the installer completed an installation checklist (BWE use an online checklist)? Go through this checklist with the operator to ensure it has been completed.
- have safety barriers been set up, where applicable?
- are impact absorbing safety mats, that are at least 50mm thick, placed at entry and exit points?
- have sponsors been suitably recognised on or near the device;
- is an emergency exit plan in place?
- are device risk assessments readily provided if required?
- has appropriate insurance coverage been arranged if you are not using the amusement hire company staff to supervise the activity?
- the device is stored safely prior to pick up by the amusement hire company at the end of the event.
Also, check out our new Blog about a Checklist for Hiring a Mechanical Bucking Bull.
About Bubbling With Energy (BWE)
Finally, please be aware that in any industry, including ours, there are fly by night and disreputable operators. They might be cheap, but will take safety short cuts. This will put you and your children or other guests at risk. Also, their equipment will not be well maintained or safe, their staff will not be appropriately trained. Furthermore, they will not have the correct insurance coverage.
Bubbling With Energy Entertainment (link) , have been in operation for over 27 years. Above all, we take pride in ensuring our equipment is safe and well maintained. Our staff are trained to help you have the best event possible.
Also please note that Bubbling With Energy is working towards becoming a carbon neutral company (see Blog). Be assured that we have a social responsibility to help protect the environment. Apart from installing solar panels on our buildings, we also recycle our jumping castles for repair material, and are training our staff in ways to foster better use of our natural environment. Every booking you make with BWE contributes to the planting of trees in reforestation projects.
Contact Bubbling With Energy:
Corporate Customers Ph: (02) 9829 8653 | Private Parties Ph: (02) 9829 8929 | (02) 9829 2623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Unit 6/14 Stennett Road, Ingleburn NSW 2565