Hiring an Amusement Device Checklist
Whether you hire with us or not, Bubbling With Energy (BWE) want to make your amusement device hires as safe as possible. Here is a Checklist. It will help you decide if you are using an appropriate and reputable company for your event. Furthermore, this is a generic list only, prepared from our extensive experience.
Also, for more information you can access further details via this amusement devices link to SafeWork. They are the government agency responsible for safety in NSW.
Our Amusement Device Checklist is applicable to hiring of inflatable jumping castles or inflatable obstacle courses. It is for where you will supervise the device yourself (allowed for smaller devices), or use a trained supervisor.
Amusement Device Checklist
Please ensure that:
- a reputable amusement hire firm is being used. Check that they have an ABN, public liability insurance, and you received notice of your booking, and an invoice;
- the amusement device provider has supplied instructions on proper operation of the device. For example, if you are not using a BWE supervisor in your jumping castle hire, on booking we give you access to a safety video. The video details how to monitor/supervise the inflatable, and how to ensure your users are safe. BWE ground crew will still deliver and install the inflatable;
- the device fits the area you have allocated. Check that it is free of overhead power lines, overhanging trees, debris etc;
- the device is clean and in good working order;
- all electrical leads, generators etc have been appropriately inspected and tagged;
- the device has been inspected prior to allowing patrons to use it. This is to ensure it has no tears, trip obstacles, and it has appropriate safety signage;
- the device has been properly secured. Also, have you been given instructions about what to do if the wind picks up. For example, as an extra safety measure, BWE will provide you with a wind meter. Use this to personally monitor wind conditions on the day. For any hire, deflate the device if the wind reaches 30km/hour. Or use a Beaufort Scale – click this Beaufort Scale link.
Also ensure that:
- the installer should have completed an installation checklist (BWE use an online checklist). Go through this checklist with the operator to ensure it has been completed.
- safety barriers have been set up, where applicable;
- impact absorbing safety mats that are at least 50mm thick are placed at entry and exit points;
- sponsors have been suitably recognised on or near the device;
- an emergency exit plan in place;
- device risk assessments are readily provided if required;
- appropriate insurance coverage has been arranged if you are not using the amusement hire company staff to supervise the activity;
- the device is stored safely prior to pick up by the amusement hire company at the end of the event.
Also, check out our new Blog about a Checklist for Hiring a Mechanical Bucking Bull.
About Bubbling With Energy (BWE)
Finally, please be aware that in any industry, including ours, there are fly by night and disreputable operators. They might be cheap, but will take safety short cuts which put you and your children at risk. Also, their equipment will not be well maintained or safe, their staff will not be appropriately trained. Furthermore, they will not have the correct insurance coverage.
Bubbling With Energy Entertainment (link) , have been in operation for over 27 years. Above all, we take pride in ensuring our equipment is safe and well maintained. Our staff are trained to help you have the best event possible.
Also please note that Bubbling With Energy is working towards becoming a carbon neutral company (see Blog). Be assured that we have a social responsibility to help protect the environment. Apart from installing solar panels on our buildings, we also recycle our jumping castles for repair material, and are training our staff in ways to foster better use of our natural environment. Every booking you make with BWE contributes to the planting of trees in reforestation projects.
Contact Bubbling With Energy:
Corporate Customers Ph: (02) 9829 8653 | Private Parties Ph: (02) 9829 8929 | (02) 9829 2623 or [email protected]
Unit 6/14 Stennett Road, Ingleburn NSW 2565